Being at home all day every day is our new way of life. We are usually in and out of our home many times a day rushing to work, school, workout classes, errands. This upheaval of our usual routine feels a bit chaotic and creates uncertainty when we knew how to go about our day. Staying active in this time of chaos is something that can help soothe our souls so we’ve compiled a list of ways to continue to move your body so you can stay healthy while spending more time at home. From joining an online yoga class to holding a plank between meetings, these tips will help you fit movement and exercise into your day. And an added bonus to this movement is the release of endorphins which in turn make you happy.
- Put on workout clothes when you wake up.
- Set alarms to stand up and stretch.
- Join an online yoga class.
- Have a dance party.
- Use household items as weights.
- Start the day with 3 sets of 10 push-ups, 10 squats, 30 bicycle crunches, and a minute plank hold
- Use an at-home spin bike.
- Try fitness apps like – Blogilates, MyFitnessPal, Nike Training Club, Peloton, Strava, Sworkit, Daily Yoga, Endomondo, Sweat to name a few.
- Walk around your house or bloc during meetings.
- Try a workout video with your kids.
- Take calls standing up.
- Play yard games.
- Create a nature scavenger hunt with your kids.
- Schedule an hour block to go for a hike or a run outside.
Whatever you do make sure you move throughout the day.